Therapeutic Foster Care
St. Joseph Orphanage – Therapeutic Foster Care has been serving foster children and families since 1990. As the needs of the community have grown over the last several years and the increasing needs of foster children have become apparent, we understand the importance of offering our foster children and families all the support and guidance they need. Our services provide care for families and children of all ages, with all levels of mental and behavioral health concerns.
Our families and staff are committed to a multi-system team approach and are truly a therapeutic foster care network. Each child and family is paired with a licensed clinician with years of experience and understanding of the special care necessary for foster home success. When there is a special need identified, we can access psychological and special education professionals within the community or through our agency’s continuum of care to provide the required supports to maintain community placements. We provide psycho-pharmacological management services by Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists and Psychiatric Nurses and offer the support of an on-call crisis clinician 24 hours a day. Planned and crisis respite, wraparound funding for additional supports (camp, music lessons, sports, special school events), foster care consortium and online training for special care topics help us attend to the individual needs of each child and family.
Foster Parents Needed
Interested in changing a child’s life? Learn More about becoming a SJO Foster Home.
Benefits of Becoming A Foster Parent
- 24 Hour On Call Support by Treatment Team
- Treatment Staff that is Knowledgeable & Experienced in Foster Care
- Access to a Full Array of Services:
- In-home or In-Office Therapy
- Case Management
- Psychiatric Services
Payments & Reimbursements
- Tax Free Stipend (Paid by Direct Deposit Every 2 Weeks)
- Monthly Paid Training With Child Care & Food Provided
- Mileage is 0.50 Cents per Mile for Any Travel Related to Foster Child (School, Family Visits, or Mental Health Treatment)
- $150.00 Wrap Around Fund Available per Year per Youth for Expenses Not Covered by Foster Care per Diem
Holidays & Celebrations
- New Christmas Gifts Given by Donors Every Year
- Annual Foster Parent Celebration in May
Interested In More Information?
Hello! Would you like to learn more about changing a child’s life by becoming a foster parent? I would love to hear of your interest and share more about this life changing opportunity!
Please send us a message by filling out the form below.
I look forward to hearing from you!