Vote YES on Issue 9
Tuesday, November 6 is Election Day! YOUR vote is crucial to make a difference in your community, and to make an impact in the lives of local children of Hamilton County.
What is Issue 9?
Issue 9 is a county property tax levy which is calculated based on the county assessor’s “assessed valuation” of the county or property. This levy would increase taxes to provide an annual $37 million to support Children Services through 2021. This comes out to $69 a year (less than $6 a month) per $100,000 home owner.
$69 a year: Sacrificing the cost of going to dinner for one family a year
Who will it help?
Last year 20,204 children were helped by Jobs and Family Services (JFS) which is 4,424 more children needing help than in 2015. That comes out to 1 in every 9 children needing assistance. This number increased due to the growing drug epidemic, poverty and need for higher level child care. With the number of children in need continuing to grow, the cost and need for Children Services is also increasing.
These funds will go toward services such as;
- Seeking protective, temporary or permanent court custody
- Supplying medical and food aid
- Providing services to children including substance abuse, mental health assessment and treatment, emergency housing, parenting training, domestic violence programs, and promoting children to remain safely in their homes
- Investigating abuse, neglect, and dependency allegations
- Providing pre- and post-adoption services
- Supplying kinship care, foster care and adoption
- Teaching older teens to live independently
How can I help?
Go out and vote “YES” on Issue 9 Tuesday, November 6. View your local polling place at: https://boe.hamilton-co.org/voting-on-election-day/where-do-i-vote.aspx so that you too can make a difference.
Please also join our social media campaign to spread awareness of this important issue. Simply post a picture of you and those you love with the hashtag #IamIssue9 and a brief encouraging message!
Tag You’re It Challenge
1)Post a photo to your page
2) Share how Issue 9 will help kids
3) Tag your friends to challenge them!
4) If you refuse you must donate to a child welfare organization in Hamilton County OH!
5) Add hashtags: #Iamissue9 #VoteYes
Want to do more to support SJO and Hamilton County children?
If you want to do more to help local children, you can also contribute to help support and make a positive impact on the lives of the children we serve. Your donation will help support our mission of building hope and strengthening the lives of the kids we serve every day.