Preparing For The Home Study
Everything You Need To Know
What Is A Home Study?
What Is The Purpose of a Home Study?
When Is the Home Study Started?
How Long Does It Take To Complete A Home Study?
What Goes Into The Home Study?
How Do I Prepare For My Home Study?
You can do several things between now and the time you turn in your application to become a foster parent:
- Ensure you have a designated bedroom with a bed & dresser to accommodate the child / children & their belongings
- Secure a car seat if you are planning to open your home to fostering infants/toddlers
- Develop a care plan that you will use when a foster child comes to your home.
Some Things To Think About:
- What happens if the child gets sick and needs to stay home from school?
- Who can help care for the child when I am sick?
- Who will assist with transportation if I am not able?
- If you think you have a legal issue that could prevent you from becoming a foster parent, contact your local assessor about your past criminal history or your child’s (ages 10+ ) criminal history to see if you still qualify.
Still Have Questions?
Call us at one of our convenient locations:
Cincinnati: (513) 741-3100—Ask for our Foster Home Assessor (Bobbi Gibson).
Dayton: (937) 643-0398—Ask for our Foster Home Assessor (Brittney Miller).